1.1 Overview of Services
One Call Logistics provides transportation and logistics services for Truckload and Less-Than-Truckload.
We strive to provide the best trucking and logistics services in North America by understanding our customers’ needs and find tailored solutions for their supply chains.
1.2 Statement of Commitment
One Call Logistics is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We pledge to treat people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely fashion. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting applicable legislative requirements.
1.3 Feedback Process & Contact Information
One Call Logistics is committed to create an open and transparent feedback process for all. Our feedback process is easy. Simply share your feedback anonymously or by including your name and contact information through any of the following channels:
One Call Logistics Inc.
Attention: Accessibility Compliance Officer
Mailing Address: Box 158, Blumenort, MB R0A 0C0
Toll Free: 844-779-2255
Our Accessibility Compliance Officer will acknowledge receipt of your feedback and follow up with you (if not anonymous).
You can also use these channels to request this plan in a print, large print, Braille, or audio format.
Disability: The Accessible Canada Act defines a disability as “any impairment, including a physical, mental, intellectual, cognitive, learning, communication or sensory impairment-or a functional limitation-whether permanent, temporary or episodic in nature, or evident or not, that, in interaction with a barrier, hinders a person’s full and equal participation in society.”
Barriers: The Accessible Canada Act defines barriers as “anything physical, architectural, technological or attitudinal, anything that is based on information or communications or anything that is the result of a policy or a practice – that hinders the full and equal participation in society of persons with an impairment, including a physical, mental, intellectual, cognitive, learning, communication or sensory impairment or a functional limitation.”
2. Areas Described Under Section 5 of the ACA
One Call Logistics has 42 staff members; out of which 69% are drivers and the remaining 31% are mixture of office and shop workers. We operator out of our headquarters in Blumenort, MB.
2.2 Built Environment
One Call Logistics is headquartered in Blumenort, MB, from where we operate our business. Our facility includes office space for all office employees, crossdock and warehousing, yard, and a shop.
2.3 Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
One Call Logistics uses different mediums to communicate. It includes phone and messaging, email, and our public website.
2.4 Communication, other than ICT
Communication to internal and external audiences is carried out in many ways depending on the purpose and circumstances, with the overall goal of providing the information in a manner that is most useful to the intended recipients.
Our employees communicate with one another regularly through phone, email, and in person. We communicate with the public through our websites, social media platforms, phone, email, and in person.
2.5 The Procurement of Goods, Services and Facilities
One Call Logistics purchases various products and services that support our work activities. The current procurement process depends on the initiator to remember accessibility considerations when submitting a purchase.
2.6 The Design and Delivery of Programs and Services
One Call Logistics’ main activity is transporting goods via trucks to various customers across Canada and the United States. Delivery of programs to employees, including employment information, training, employee support programs, job information, etc., takes many forms, including in-person, virtual connections, print items, and various electronic means.
It was found that the transportation area did not have any implications for One Call employees, as generally, employees are responsible to arrange their own transportation to and from the workplace.
One Call Logistics is committed to listening to the experiences and feedback of people with disabilities. We recognize that our staff are critical to identifying and removing barriers. Beyond this plan, we also recognize that consultations and feedback need to be ongoing.